We are an equal opportunity employer with a culture that thrives on radical innovation and creativity.
We are a close team and our motto is to work hard, play hard and always find time to laugh.
We offer comprehensive employee benefits, a stock option plan and enjoy several team events
We’re changing the face of agriculture and AI and starting an AgTech revolution
Title: Data Scientist
Job Category: Engineering
Position Type: Full-time – Permanent
Manager: Scott Dickson Dagondon
Born in one of North America’s largest hubs for Artificial Intelligence, Motorleaf is able to disrupt the agricultural industry by using its software platform to monitor and predict for large commercial greenhouse clients and indoor farmers. Delivering actionable, data-driven insights to greenhouse operators to increase their bottom-line profits is the name of the game.
Using machine learning and artificial intelligence for yield predictions and optimization, we are committed to helping greenhouse operators match their supply with demand dynamics to help them optimize their marketing dollars, plan their labour needs, and increase profit margins. Motorleaf is a software company with products that change the way food and crop producers run their businesses.
We are an equal opportunity employer with a culture that thrives on radical innovation and creativity. We are a close team and our motto is to work hard, play hard and always find time to laugh. We offer comprehensive employee benefits, a stock option plan and enjoy several team events. Located in Cote St Paul across from the canal on St Patrick, employees can enjoy a nice walk or a bike ride during breaks.
Reporting to the Director of Artificial Intelligence, the Data Scientist will be responsible for training and testing machine learning and AI algorithms that solve complex problems in controlled environment farming. You will also be responsible for engineering the process of extracting, porting, and parsing huge amounts of climate data from greenhouses. You will design robust and scalable data models, and define data integrity metrics. The ideal candidate must be comfortable working with scripting languages, and familiar with API and cloud technology.
The candidate must be dedicated, focused, and well-organized – analyzing huge amounts of data requires a deep interest in problem space, and the ability to target clear goals and execute plans.
You must be both a forward thinker and a challenge-seeker – simple solutions work most times, other times you have to look at problem upside down.
You must have excellent documentation and communication skills – whether you’re stuck in a problem or have just discovered something amazing, your co-workers (and other stakeholders) will want to hear about it!
- Degree in Electrical, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science and/or relevant work experience.
- Open to fresh graduates with extensive and relevant coding portfolio.
- Experience with scripting languages
- Basic to intermediate level statistics
- Machine learning frameworks
- Familiarity with data mining and/or data modeling
- Familiarity with APIs and cloud technology
- Design AI/machine learning algorithms that model, predict, or identify multiple complex indoor farming variables
- Design and develop efficient systems to move data from the clients to our platform
- Identify data problems and automate corrective measures
- Differentiate between data and information – always be ready to answer the question: What do the numbers mean?
- Develop and find methods of efficient data storage and visualization
- Understand and measure the effects of various data input to algorithm accuracy
- Conduct system simulations prior to production deployment
- Simulate bugs in data handling and develop corrective measures
- Contribute ideas for new features and products in the Motorleaf ecosystem
Are you an experienced Owner or Sales Director of a 15+ acre greenhouse producing tomatoes and/or peppers? The team at Motorleaf has an exciting opportunity for you to share your expertise and help strengthen the greenhouse farming industry.
Motorleaf is an agriculture technology company expanding its line of technology services for large-scale greenhouses; the company seeks industry experts to help guide development of the company’s software and artificial intelligence tools made for greenhouse producers of vegetables.
Starting immediately, the consultant position requires a few hours of work with flexible hours over the course of a month or two, depending on your level of expertise. You will collaborate with the CEO, Head of Product Development, Sales and Marketing teams at Motorleaf.
- Complete telephone and/or video conference meetings with members of Motorleaf, where we ask you specific questions about greenhouse production of vegetables (including daily operations), your daily workflow as an Owner or Sales lead, and common tasks completed by colleagues such as Pickers and Human Resources professionals.
- Through email correspondence, provide basic written explanations to questions about greenhouse production and daily tasks in the greenhouse.
• Using a smart phone or basic digital camera, submit the occasional photo or video of a workspace or task conducted in your greenhouse.
- Test and provide feedback concerning software tools built for greenhouse professionals (no worries: you require no knowledge or experience with software or technology development).
- Sign a mutual non-disclosure agreement (NDA) in order to protect confidential information shared between you and Motorleaf.
- 2+ years working as a President or sales lead in a large-scale greenhouse (>15 acres) that produces tomatoes or peppers.
- Financial knowledge of managing tomato and/or pepper cultivation over the entire course of a planting season, including harvesting and packing.
- Knowledge of, or expert understanding of:
- Contract obligations with wholesalers of produce
- Costs associated with electricity, labor, and other farm inputs
- Sales and marketing strategies for selling produce
- Labor requirements and scheduling of tasks in your greenhouse
Motorleaf will negotiate compensation based on your experience, diversity of skills and availability.
Do you think you can make a valuable contribution to this project? Please send your resume or link to your complete LinkedIn profile to email@example.com We’ll get back to you within days.